Southside Church of Christ
is looking for someone to fill the position of
Director of Family Life Ministry.
Please see the Job Description below.
If you have input for the Search Team of questions to be asked of potential candidates, please contact one of the Team members: Dale Ketterhagen, Mark Fiscus, GayLynn Milkert, Ian Ribar, Katie Dahms or Ron Koepke.
The Director of Family Life Ministry is responsible to the elders for the development and promotion of a comprehensive program of religious education for children (nursery to young adulthood and families).
This position is an exempt (salaried) and full-time position. Hours may contain time spent: teaching, preparing, attending training, training others, researching, spending time with children and parents outside weekly programming.
- Support the children’s and teen’s ministry leaders in coordination and administration of programs and the development of curriculum
- Children’s ministry areas include: children’s Sunday school classes, children’s worship and Wednesday night small groups
- Serve as a teacher/leader when needed in any given area of the children’s program
- Provide training, resources and instructions for ministry leaders and volunteers within the children’s and youth programs
- Encourage members to use their spiritual gifts and help identify opportunities where members can use those gifts in the children’s and family life ministries
- Maintain relationships and communications with Southside families to further develop the family ministry and determine where the greatest needs are
- Help plan and coordinate special projects for children and families: vacation Bible school, youth rallies, outings, outreach, mission projects and/or summer programs, etc.
- Be a spiritual resource for parents on practical Biblical application in the household
- Remain up to date on the current youth trends, culture and issues facing children and youth
- Maintain and administer the children’s ministry budget
- Comply with all church policies and procedures as well as all Federal and State laws
- Ensure that all volunteers are educated in the policies and procedures necessary for working with children
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Family Life Ministry, Youth Ministry, Educational Development or a related area
- Minimum of 2 years family life ministry experience strongly preferred
- Strong personal faith with the desire to connect others to the grace of God
- An ability to encourage others to walk with Jesus daily
- A calling to teach children and strengthen families
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Technologically literate with strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
We are willing to work with candidates who show strong
aptitude but may not meet all the requirements.
Send résumé and references to:
Children’s Ministry Search Team
Southside Church of Christ
1933 W. Grange Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53221
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org